Bangladesh Hi-Tech Park Authority extends its support to provide incentive to IT/ITES companies’ for appointing new employees who shall undergo training on specific company based curriculum & processes. Under the Employment Incentive Training Program it was targeted to 2000 new employees will be trained and hired by the IT/ITES companies. Incentive has to be provided to the IT/ITES Companies upon actual recruitment/employment of the trained candidates, BHTPA would provide employment incentive based on actual cost of training per person with a maximum ceiling of BDT 40,000.
Objectives of the Program:
1. Provide employment opportunities for Bangladesh youth in IT/ITES sector;
2. Support IT/ITES companies in building human resources by training on skills essential to their internal business processes for productive employment and successfully lay the growth path for them to become mid/large size companies; and
3. Encourage IT/ITES companies to set up their operations at the Hi-Tech/IT Parks in Bangladesh.
Progress of the Program:
1. Total 65 companies has been selected for incentives.
2. Total no of employment generation upto March 2017: 1891 [male-1384 (73%), female – 507 (27%)]
3. Total BDT 783 lac has been disbursed for employment generation.
1. Recruitment update: EIP-details